Create an Awe-inspiring Atmosphere.
Nothing is prettier or more reverent than soft diffused light penetrating through colorful stained glass windows in a church, synagogue or chapel. They can in an instant, change he atmosphere of a sanctuary from that of an auditorium to a restful, quite place of worship. No church is complete without stained glass windows.
Medallions / Emblems / Life of Christ:
Often Church Congregations opt to tell the Life of Christ story in pictorial views, a more cost effective way. These medallions/emblems can tell the story in 12 Inch diameter paintings that are forever fired to tell the Life of Christ Event most relevant to each congregation.
Meanings of Colors in Religious Stained Glass
Colors in religious stained glass windows have specific meaning. It’s important to select the correct color to convey your idea.
- PURPLE – A sign of royalty. God the Father. A symbol of suffering & endurance.
- VIOLET – Love, truth, passion, suffering
- WHITE – Innocence & purity. The hue of God.
- PALE GREEN- The hue of Baptism
- GREEN – Faith. Spring. Triumph of life over death.
- PALE BLUE- Peace. Christian prudence.
- BLUE – Hope. Love of divine works. Sincerity.
- GOLD & YELLOW – Power & Glory.The gates of heaven. Halo of the saints.
- RED – The blood of Christ.
- GRAY – Emblem of Christ risen. The darkness of sin & death.
- BLACK – Death & Regeneration
Sanctuary Stained Glass Windows
Both of these 3 ft. x 5 ft. stained glass windows are each one in a series built for two separate congregations. Color selection in religious stained glass windows is extremely important.
All colors have specific symbolic meaning and should be used correctly to convey each denomination’s ideology. Although both stained glass windows are considered traditional in style, the latter is more conducive to a contemporary setting.